Do you long to feel more loved and appreciated by your partner? Are you tired of the unproductive fights? Is the unhappiness causing the two of you to drift apart? Whether you are in a crisis from infidelity, suffering from chronic sexual dissatisfaction, fighting about money, kids, or household chores, couples counseling can help alleviate the pain and aloneness you may be experiencing.
Here are some of the relationship issues I help individuals and couples with:
- Your partner is distant, withdrawn, or unemotional.
- You have feelings that you seem unable to communicate to your partner.
- Your partner seems chronically dissatisfied with you.
- You and your partner have the same fight over and over.
- You feel unable to get what you want from the relationship.
- There is too little trust, and you feel like you're drifting apart.
Couples counseling can help you learn the skills needed to create a relationship where you feel known, loved and appreciated. Couples often respond to relationship stress in ways that are self-protective, but undermine the intimacy of the relationship. Therapy can help you change the relationship patterns that are keeping you and your partner from a marriage that is joyful, healthy and strong. In therapy, you will learn to:
- reconnect with your partner even when things are difficult
- really listen to one another so that you feel cared for and understood.
- communicate what you need in the relationship so that you feel more satisfied, known, and loved.
- Identify the unproductive behaviors that undermine your relationship and learn what behaviors will lead you to greater authenticity, mutual respect, and love.